If you enjoy podcasts, Guy Kawasaki has a wonderful series called Remarkable People. In a recent episode, he recounted ten steps to for businesses to weather the storm. Take a listen as he explains the following list for perseverance:
- Run the right race, it’s a marathon, not a sprint.
- Focus on maintaining cash. Cash is king.
- Cut deeper than you think.
- Work directly with your customers
- Reach out to your existing customers.
- Don’t wait for white knights and silver bullets.
- Be transparent with your employees
- Give to get.
- Evaluate your supply chain. Think local.
- Do the things you’ve never had time to do. Learn new skills.
- Ask the question: Therefore, what?
If you suddenly find yourself with more free time than you’ve ever had before, perhaps there is a silver lining in step #10. For me that was updating a neglected website and online store.
How will you use this time? Can you find your own silver lining?